|Degree Title||Master of Science (M. Sc.)|
|Period of Study||4 semesters, full-time|
|START||Fall term (commencing in October)|
|Study Program||Classroom size with individual guidance|
|APPLICATION PERIOD||Next application period in 2024|
This is what Prof. Dr. David Bendig is saying about the unique master's program
This degree program offers you...
- a career boost with extensive job opportunities: The newly developed unique Master of Business Development at the University of Münster equips you to solve the problems of tomorrow. It prepares you to found your own start-up or develop an existing one and, for jobs in senior management positions in business and administration, e.g. in industrial, commercial and service companies, international and global companies, general management, in the field of management consulting, in-house consulting and private equity companies.
- Personality development & exclusive link between theory and practice: The modules, seminars and course contents will include experiences with the University's REACH EUREGIO Start-up Center. Our students will work on real practical cases, prepare presentations and present them to selected representatives from research and practice. During the program, a business plan will be created with a team and, through the compulsory modules, you will learn the knowledge and skills needed to implement your innovative start-up idea. Intercultural exchanges with international students will enhance your personal development while strengthening team competence, communication skills, conflict resolution skills, negotiation skills, social skills and much more.
- Close supervision during the course: From the very first semester on, you will be working on a business plan with a small group in order to become familiar with practical business development issues. The teamwork will be individually supervised by the relevant lecturers, who will help develop and apply situational solution models in the event of emotionally charged situations or conflicts.
- Flexible study design and individual specialization: By linking predefined compulsory modules with freely selectable elective modules, you have the opportunity to complete a very broad business education with a focus on individually preferred study content. The broad range of electives allows you to specialize in certain areas of study (e.g. marketing or finance). This allows for individual tailoring of the study program according to personal preferences and interests, as well as supporting the creation of a specialized profile design.
Internationality and interdisciplinarity: The program, which is taught exclusively in English, is characterized by its international orientation. The third semester can also be used as a mobility window in which you can complete a semester at one of the approx. 75 foreign universities partnering with the Faculty of Business & Economics.
Here's what your studies in Münster could look like
1) Each individual module is worth 6 ECTS. The only exceptions are the seminar paper (12 ECTS each) and the master thesis (30 ECTS).
2) A semester abroad is not a mandatory, but a recommended part of the study program.
|Personal Development & Career ENHANCEMENT|
|Extensive personal development through practical modules, presentations, individual mentoring and close group works, the transfer of strategic knowledge and methodological skills through up-to-date courses, a strong university network and affilation with a renowned university optimises your personal development & boost your carrer!|
|Plan your individualized and flexible course study and determine the degree of specialization yourself through your choice of courses. With approximately 40 elective modules from management, marketing, finance and accounting to choose from, you can focus on your personal preference.||The involvement of select experts in research and practice as well as the development of a business plan or the systematic analysis of case studies are the foundation of this Master of Business Development. The conscientious incorporation of practical elements ensures that you are well prepared for your future career.||Teaching the program in English and offering the opportunity to undertake a semester abroad supports the internationality of our Master of Business Development. You have the option to complete a voluntary semester abroud at one of out 75+ partner universities spread over various continents.|
Top rankings for the University of Münster
Research and teaching at the cutting edge
Research and teaching at the Department of Business Administration at the University of Münster are divided into four centres: Accounting, Finance, Management and Marketing. All four centres have an excellent national and international reputation in both teaching and research and their work on significant current issues including sustainability, new work and digitalization is reflected in the course offered. Our teaching benefits directly from the strengh of this research. You will learn first-hand from the experts who are generating this knowledge. It is our goal to train our students to become tomorrow's decision-makers and instil in them a strong ability to manage current and future issues.
The School of Business and Economics pursues four central, cross-program goals: Differentiated knowledge, trained in research, good communication, and ethically and socially responsible behaviour. Within the Business Development program, these four qualification goals are addressed in a varied and thoughtful manner.
The excellent teaching at the Faculty of Business and Economics is attested to by its dual accreditation from the AACSB and AQAS. Less than five per cent of business schools worldwide hold the AACSB seal of quality. In addition to current and relevant content, our teaching is also characterized by effective teaching and learning methods. We use a modern learning platform for material distribution and communication between teachers and students, and combine face-to-face teaching with digital options to create effective hybrid learning formats.
This is what our graduates say
Your road to success
In addition to the knowledge and skills acquired to solve complex economic issues, the Business Development Master's program lays the foundation for your successful career entry - whether you are seeking to enter a management position in business and administration, the field of management consulting, or to develop start-ups or private equity companies.
Our alumni are in demand in national and international companies and work in a wide variety of positions around the world. Almost all our graduates find attractive jobs or start their own companies soon after graduation. With 15 alumni on the DAX executive boards, Münster University ranks third in Germany. This is just one more reason why the University of Münser offers you the opportunity to establish contact with excellent professionals:
- Annual career fairs such as Business Contacts und die consultingcontact
- Regular lectures, lecture series and other events
- Networking and coaching events of the REACH EUREGIO Start-up Center
- University initiatives such as move - studentische Unternehmensberatung e.V., Enactus e.V., MTP - Marketing zwischen Theorie und Praxis e.V. and Symposium Oeconomicum Münster
- The excellence programs Finest in Finance, Accounting Talents, IRW X-Change, Circle of Excellence in Marketing, Management Association for Perspectives (MAP) und Circle of Excellence in Accounting and Taxation (CEAT)
- Guest lectures and cooperation within the framework of courses and much more
- Generous scholarships from the WWU scholarship program ProTalent (300€ per month) for students who distinguish themselves through above-average performance and social commitment.
Our graduates also study and research all around the world. The Career Development Center will be happy to advise you on further questions regarding your career prospects.
That's what Niklas says about his time studying in Münster
Münster: The ideal place to study
With over 60,000 students, Münster is one of the largest university cities in Germany. In 2004, Münster was awarded the LivCon Award as the most livable city in the world and has always been one of the most livable cities in Germany.
In addition to the university education, Münster is characterized by a lively student lifestyle. From days spent sailing or walking around the Aasee and engaging in water sports on the canal to long nights in the numerous bars and clubs, to a wide range of cultural and sightseeing opportunities, Münster has something to offer for all students! More information about student life in Münster and the university's initiatives including sports and cultural offerings can be found here!
Do you have any questions?
Take a look at our FAQ or contact us. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Jan Niklas Dörseln:
Dr. Jan Niklas Dörseln
Schlossplatz 3, 48143 Münster
Tel: +49 (0)251 83-28678
(The website is currently under construction, so small changes can still be made and information adapted and added.)