|Degree||Bachelor of Science|
|DURATION||180 ECTS (6 Semesters)|
|CONTENT||Key functions and fundamentals of business administration, economics, and relevant quantitative, digital, legal, and scientific methods as well as subject-specific language skills.|
|APPLICATION PERIOD||End of April until 15. July|
Apply now ≫ Further information on application and admission
This degree program offers you:
- Extensive career opportunities: The Bachelor's degree in Business Administration at the University of Münster equips you to solve tomorrow's problems and thus ideally prepares you for entering the corporate world, starting your own business or pursuing a further academic career. The study program in Münster belongs to the top group both in Germany and internationally.
- Close mentoring at the beginning of your studies: Already in the first semester, you will work in small groups on a business simulation to familiarize yourself with practical issues in business administration. To ensure a good start to your studies, you will also have a mentor at your side. In the following semesters, you will also work on projects in small groups and improve your communication skills.
- Flexible focus and specialization: You have the opportunity to pursue your own interests and work on important business issues. In the last year of the bachelor's program, the free elective area and the additional certifiable tracks offer you the chance to make your first specializations, which can be followed by a suitable master's program, for example.
- International and interdisciplinary: The fifth semester is available to you as a mobility window to study one semester at one of the numerous foreign partner universities of the Faculty of Economic Sciences. In addition, you can take courses from other departments to pursue your interests alongside your field of study and to develop your own profile.
≫ Further information for prospective students
Here's what your studies in Münster could look like
1) An internship is not a mandatory, but highly recommended part of the study program. Internships can be credited with ECTS under certain criteria.
2) Up to two specialization tracks can be selected during the course of study. You can find more information about the options here.
3) A semester abroad is also not a mandatory, but highly recommended part of the study program. You can find more information here.
|The onboarding program, which is unique in Germany, includes exciting lectures, a business simulation game in small groups, and a mentoring program. It ensures that you find your way around and gives you a personal and successful start to your new phase of life.||Your course of study can be planned individually and flexibly. With numerous electives, you can already develop your own profile during the bachelor's degree, which can also be individually certified. English-language modules, a semester abroad or interdisciplinary courses in other departments allow you to think outside the box.||
Integrated case studies and the crediting of an internship lead to the integration of theory and practice, which is also lived outside the lecture hall in numerous university groups and student initiatives. Further, the alumni network and Career Development Center offer you a variety of opportunities for personal development and networking.
≫ More information about the structure of the program
This is what our students say
Research and teaching at the cutting edge
Research and teaching at the Department of Business Administration at Münster University is divided into four centers: Accounting, Finance, Management and Marketing. All four centers have an excellent national and international reputation in both teaching and research and work on significant current issues that are also reflected in the courses offered - for example, in the areas of sustainability and digitalization. Our teaching benefits directly from our outstanding research. You learn first-hand from the experts who generate the knowledge. In the program, we train our students to become tomorrow's decision-makers with a strong understanding of future issues.
The excellent teaching at the department is attested by its accreditation by the AACSB. Less than five percent of business schools worldwide attain this seal of quality. In addition to current and relevant content, our teaching is also characterized by effective teaching and learning methods. We use a modern learning platform for material distribution and communication between teachers and students, and combine face-to-face teaching with digital options to create effective hybrid learning formats.
Top rankings for the University of Münster
Your road to success
Do you want to found your own start-up, help shape the strategy for an international corporation or are you interested in the financial sector? The close integration of internationally renowned research and business practice imparts valuable knowledge and skills for solving business issues and optimally prepares you for various attractive positions in business. That is why our graduates are in demand in national and international companies and work in a wide variety of positions all over the world. The program offers you numerous opportunities to come into contact with excellent practitioners:
- Annual career fairs such as Business Contacts und die consultingcontact
- Regular lectures, lecture series and other events
- Networking and coaching events of the REACH EUREGIO Start-up Center
- University initiatives such as move - studentische Unternehmensberatung e.V., Enactus e.V., MTP - Marketing zwischen Theorie und Praxis e.V. and Symposium Oeconomicum Münster
- The excellence programs Finest in Finance, Accounting Talents, IRW X-Change Circle of Excellence in Marketing, Management Association for Perspectives (MAP) und Circle of Excellence in Accounting and Taxation
- Guest lectures and cooperation within the framework of courses and much more
- Generous scholarships from the WWU scholarship program ProTalent (300€ per month) for students who distinguish themselves through above-average performance and social commitment.
Following the bachelor's degree, the master's degree programs at the University of Münster offer you the opportunity to further specialize and deepen what you have learned. Our graduates study and research all over the world. The Career Development Center will be happy to advise you on further questions regarding your career prospects.
This is what our graduates say
Münster as the ideal place to study
With over 60,000 students, Münster is one of the largest university cities in Germany. In 2004, Münster was awarded the LivCon Award as the most livable city in the world and has always been one of the most livable cities in Germany.
In addition to the university education, Münster is characterized in particular by a lively student life: From sailing or walking on the Aasee and water sports in the canal, to long nights in numerous bars and clubs, to a wide range of cultural and sightseeing opportunities, Münster has something to offer for all students! More information about student life in Münster, the university initiatives and the sports and cultural offerings can be found here!
You wonder how studying in Münster feels like?
Our student contact persons will be happy to tell you more insights about studying and living in Münster. Write them your questions!
👩🎓 Business Administrations B.Sc. since fall 2021
📗 Business Administration in Münster: This means close integration of theory and practice!
🚲 Münster is a real student city! The sports association of the university offers all types of sports!
🚀 First of all, after graduation, I want to pursue a master's degree - I'd also like to do it in Münster! After that, I'm interested in management consulting & working in start-ups!
👩🎓 Business Administration since spring 2021
📗 What I like most is that you get insights into many different topics!
🚲 In Münster, I love to be out and about - whether it's swimming in the canal, a pub crawl on the Jüde or a walk along the Aasee!
🚀 After my graduation, I would like to go into management consulting. That's why I'm already gaining my first experience at move!
You would like to get a first impression of the business studies in Münster?
Then check out the business administration's Instagram page!
Then take a look at our FAQ or contact us.