Oxford (United Kingdom), June 5, 2008
Financial Markets, Institutions, and Asset Prices During the First Era of Globalization
in Oxford (United Kingdom), June 5, 2008
organized by Pierre L. Siklos (Wilfrid Laurier University),
Martin T. Bohl (University of Münster)
and Knick Harley (St. Anthony's College)
Call for Papers
Please find the detailed "Call for Papers" here.
Please find the detailed "Program" here.
- Fabio Braggion, Lyndon Moore - Dividend Policies in an Unregulated Market: The London Stock Exchange 1895-1905
- Marc Deloof, Annelies Roggeman, Wouter Van Overfelt - Who's Afraid of Universal Banks? Bank Affiliations and Corporate Dividend Policy in Pre-World War I Belgium
- Rui Pedro Esteves - Between Imperialism and Capitalism. European Capital Exports Before 1914
- J. Peter Ferderer - Advances in Communication Technology and Growth of the American Over-the-Counter Markets, 1876-1929
- Andreas-Walter Mattig - Eurosion of Barriers to Entry in the Banking Indurstry
- Christopher M. Meissner, David Jacks - International Risk Sharing Across the Twentieth Century: The Mystery Deepens
- John D. Turner, Graeme G. Acheson, Charles R. Hickson, Qing Ye - Rule Britannia!: British Stock Market Returns, 1825-1870
After your arrival at airport Heathrow please go to the Central Bus Station. From stand 14a busses depart to Oxford which takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The round trip cost 18 pounds (September 2007). Please take in to account that we do not reimburse this part of the trip. The last station in Oxford is bus station. From there you can go to St. Antony's College by taxi which cost about 5 pounds. The conference venue is European Studies Centre, 70 Woodstock Rd.
Prof. Dr. Martin T. Bohl
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Chair of Monetary Economics
Am Stadtgraben 9
Phone: +49 251 83 25 005
Fax: +49 251 83 22 846