Job Posting: Research Associate at the Institute for Entrepreneurship
45,000 students, 8,000 employees in teaching, research and administration, who together shape future perspectives - that is Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität (WWU). Embedded in the atmosphere of the city of Münster with its high quality of life, it attracts students and scientists from Germany and abroad with its diverse research profile and attractive teaching offers.
The Institute for Entrepreneurship is a dynamic chair newly created in 2020 at the WWU, which researches and teaches at the interface between established companies and start-ups. By being anchored in the Center for Management, we educate the young leaders of tomorrow and with our location in the REACH - EUREGIO Start-up Center, we can directly contribute to the transfer into practice.
The Institute for Entrepreneurship at the WWU has an immediate vacancy for a position as
Research Associate (m/f/d)
(E 13 TV-L)
to be filled. A part-time position (75%) is offered for a period of 3 years.
- Contribution in one of the research fields, especially conception, implementation, and analysis of empirical studies
- Focused participation in the area of third-party funding applications and practice transfer
- Preparation and presentation of scientific publications
- Participation in the chair's teaching in bachelor's and master's degree programs as well as advanced training programs for the industry at the WWU Münster
- Assistance in administrative project activities as well as public relations work
- Development of own research ideas
Ideally, you are enthusiastic about at least one of the three future areas of focus:
- Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence: economic use of "machine learning" for start-ups and established companies
- Decarbonization and Sustainability: Quantitative modeling and measures on the way to a climate-neutral company
- Battery: Analysis of the economic and ecological production of battery cells for the energy and mobility turnaround
In addition, the following criteria are required:
- Scientific university degree in (business) computer science, engineering, natural sciences, business administration, economics or a related field has been completed with great success or will be completed shortly
- Secure knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken (C1)
- Founded knowledge in quantitative methods from your discipline is desirable
- Proven programming skills (e.g. in Python) would be an advantage
- Competent appearance in order to represent the field in lectures and publications
- Intercultural as well as interdisciplinary experience ideally in the form of a stay abroad for several months
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills, organizational skills, and an independent way of working
What you can expect:
We support your personal development and your doctoral project by providing intensive supervision, high practical relevance, and a structured Ph.D. program from day one. According to that we encourage you to publish your research results in renowned journals on an ongoing basis and thus to actively contribute to the knowledge transfer of answers to relevant problems of our time. Due to the close cooperation of the chair with the REACH - EUREGIO Start-up Center at the WWU Münster (Excellence Start-up Initiative of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia) you will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of knowledge and competencies in the field of practical research and promotion of the start-up landscape and to participate in the transfer. In addition, you can look forward to flat hierarchies, a "Duz" culture, and a collegial atmosphere.
- Appreciation, commitment, openness, and respect - these are values that are important to us
- With many different working time models, we enable you to work flexibly - even from home
- Whether it's care or childcare - our Family Service Office offers you specific support services to help you balance your private and professional lives
- As an educational institution, your individual, tailor-made training, and continuing education is not only important to us, but a matter of the heart
- From Aikido to Zumba - our sports and health programs from A to Z ensure your work-life balance
- You benefit from numerous public service benefits such as an attractive company pension plan (VBL), a special annual payment and a job that is hardly dependent on economic fluctuations
The WWU is committed to gender equality and strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore explicitly welcome; women will be given preference in cases of equal suitability, ability, and professional performance, unless reasons relating to the person of a competitor prevail.
The WWU has set itself the goal of employing more people with disabilities. In the case of equal qualifications, applicants with a recognized severe disability will be given preference for employment.
If you have any questions in advance, please contact Ms. Kristin Gisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15.07.2022 to the
University of Münster
Institute for Entrepreneurship
Prof. Dr. David Bendig
You are also welcome to send your application as a pdf file to email@example.com. Please note that we cannot consider other file formats.