In 1969, the School of Business and Economics evolved out of the former School of Law, Business and Economics at the University of Münster. Since 1902, the latter had itself offered all the courses relating to Law, Business Studies and Economics. During the 1960s, the number of students taking economics courses increased substantially. While there were 1,200 such students in 1960, the figure doubled in ten years to over 2,500. In 1969, in order to do justice to this development, as well as to the growing importance of economics in society, the School of Law, Business and Economics was divided into the School of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Law. Since then, “FB4” has developed into one of the leading educational establishments for economics in Germany, catering for a total of 5,500 students.