Sustainability Accounting and Reporting WS 2022/23
Wed 14:00 - 16:00 (J 490)
Thu 12:00 - 14:00 (J 4)
The first lecture will be held on January 09, 2023. For the exact schedule, please see below.
Class materials for the first lecture can be accessed here via your WWU user identification and the corresponding standard password.
To receive credits for this course, you must register with the Examination Office (Prüfungsamt) for the final assessment period (reguläre Klausurenphase) until December 13, 2022. Although de-registering is still possible after that date, you may not take the final exam without prior registration until the deadline stated before.
The exam will take place on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 09:30 - 11:00 am in lecture hall S 8 (Schloss).
Currently, all lectures and tutorials of this course will take place in classroom. Please, check your e-mails regularly and be aware of possible COVID19-related changes that may be communicated by the Faculty of Business and Economics (FB4).
1. General information
- This course is part of the module ACM 09 (credits can also be granted for modules ACM 12 or ACM 15)
- Examination: final exam written (90 minutes)
- Exam date and location: February 9, 2023 at 09:30 - 11:00 am in lecture hall S 8 (Schloss)
- Credits: 6 ECTS (PO 2019)
2. Learning Objectives, Contents and Methodology
While CSR reporting has been voluntary for a long time, more and more countries have made sustainability reporting mandatory in recent years or contemplate to do so. The urgent fight against climate change and health and safety issues in global supply chains are key drivers for this development. In the EU, the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) will significantly extend the scope of firms required to report about their CSR performance, will broaden and standardise the contents and introduce a mandatory audit. At the same time, the ISSB is developing IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards as a global baseline for sustainability reporting. Firms are not only challenged with new reporting requirements, but also encouraged to make their business models more sustainable, to consider sustainability in their management control systems and to establish internal data collection processes.
In this course, participants shall gain an in-depth understanding of current developments in sustainability accounting and reporting. They get familiar with both the new European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS) and the IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards, management control for sustainability as well as analysing sustainability reports. The course is delivered as a lecture with integrated tutorials and guest lectures by practitioners.
|Sustainability Accounting and Reporting - Schedule - Winter 2022/2023|
|1||Mon||09.01.2023||08:30 - 10:00||J 490||Lecture|
|2||Mon||09.01.2023||10:15 - 11:45||J 490||Lecture|
|3||Wed||11.01.2023||14:15 - 15:45||J 490||Lecture|
|4||Thu||12.01.2023||12:15 - 13:45||J 4||Lecture|
|5||Mon||16.01.2023||08:30 - 10:00||J 490||Tutorial|
|6||Mon||16.01.2023||10:15 - 11:45||J 490||Tutorial|
|7||Wed||18.01.2023||14:15 - 15:45||J 490||Lecture|
|8||Thu||19.01.2023||12:15 - 13:45||J 4||Lecture|
|9||Mon||23.01.2023||08:30 - 10:00||J 490||Lecture|
|10||Mon||23.01.2023||10:15 - 11:45||J 490||Tutorial|
|11||Wed||25.01.2023||14:15 - 15:45||J 490||Lecture|
|12||Thu||26.01.2023||12:15 - 13:45||J 4||Guest Lecture (Deloitte)|
|13||Mon||30.01.2023||08:30 - 10:00||J 490||Tutorial|
|14||Mon||30.01.2023||10:15 - 11:45||J 490||Guest Lecture (KPMG)|
|15||Wed||01.02.2023||14:15 - 15:45||J 490||Recap class|
|16||Thu||02.02.2023||12:15 - 13:45||J 4||Optional reserve date (no class)|
- Laine, M./Tregidga, /Unerman, J.: Sustainability Accounting and Accountability, 3rd ed., Routledge, 2021.
- Course announcement slide is avaliable here using your WWU user identification and the corresponding standard password.
- Class materials for the first lecture can be accessed here via your WWU user identification and the corresponding standard password.
- All remaining class materials are available for download on Learnweb. The password required to enrol in the Learnweb course will be provided during the first lecture on January 09, 2023.