Dr. Julia Müller
D - 48151 Münster
1st floor, room 115
Phone: +49 - 251/83-25139
Fax: +49 - 251/83-28429
- mondays from 4 pm to 5 pm during teaching semesters or by appointment throughout the year
Incentives in Teams, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Applied Game Theory, Bargaining, Behavioral Economics, Experimental Economics
Articles in refereed journals:
- "Big Five Personality Factors in the Trust Game", joint with Christiane Schwieren, accepted for publication, Journal of Business Economics.
- "The Rich Domain of Ambiguity Explored", joint with Zhihua Li, Peter P. Wakker and Tong V. Wang, Management Science, 64(7), 3227-3240, 2018.
- "Centralised Labour Market Negotiations: Strategic Behaviour Curbs Employment" , joint with Thorsten Upmann, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 174(2), 278--302, 2018.
- "Bidding for Nothing? The Pitfalls of Overly Neutral Framing", joint with Peter Duersch, Applied Economics Letters, 24(13), pp. 932-935, 2017.
- "Taking Punishment Into Your Own Hands: An Experiment", joint with Peter Duersch, Journal of Economic Psychology 46(1), pp. 1-11, 2015.
- "The Structure of Firm-Specific Labour Unions", joint with Thorsten Upmann, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics 170(2), pp. 336-364, 2014.
- "Can Personality Explain What is Underlying Women's Unwillingness to Compete?", joint with Christiane Schwieren, Journal of Economic Psychology33(3), pp. 448-460, 2012.
- "Identifying Leadership Skills Required in the Digital Age", joint with Milan Klus, Discussion Paper Institute for Organisational Economics 11/2018, University of Münster, 2018.
- "Verzerrungen bei Personalbeurteilungen durch Führungskräfte", Discussion Paper Institute for Organisational Economics 12/2017, University of Münster, 2017.
- "Eigenvalue Productivity: Measurement of Individual Contributions in Teams", cesifo Working Paper No. 6679, September 2017.
- "Using Personality Questionnaires in Experiments -- Limits and Potentials", joint with Christiane Schwieren, MPRA Paper No. 78132, 2017.
- "Is Trustworthiness Written on the Face?", joint with Alexander Dilger und Michael Müller, Discussion Paper Institute for Organisational Economics 2/2017, University of Münster, 2017.
- "What Drives Destruction? On the Malleability of Anti-Social Behavior", joint with Christiane Schwieren and Florian Spitzer, WU Economics Working Paper No. 238, December 2016.
- "Measurement of Co-Worker Productivity in Teams", joint with Thorsten Upmann, Discussion Paper Series in Economics and Management, GEABA, Discussion Paper No. 16-22, 2016.
- "Centralised Labour Market Negotiations: Strategic Behaviour Curbs Employment", joint with Thorsten Upmann, CESifoWorking Paper Series no. 4470, 2013.
- "What Can the Big Five Personality Factors Contribute to Explain Small-Scale Economic Behavior?", joint with Christiane Schwieren, TI Discussion Paper 12-028/1, 2012.
- "More Than Meets the Eye: An Eye-Tracking Experiment on the Beauty Contest Game", joint with Christiane Schwieren, Universität Heidelberg, Alfred-Weber-Institut für Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Discussion Paper no. 516, 2011.
- Since 04/2015 PostDoc at the Institute for Organisational Economics, University of Münster, Prof. Dr. Alexander Dilger
- 10/2014 - 03/2015 PostDoc and manager of KD2Lab, Institute ECON, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT)
- 01/2012 - 10/2014 Assistant Professor, Erasmus School of Economics, Erasmus University of Rotterdam, Research group behavioral economics, Prof. Dr. Peter Wakker
- 03/2010 - 12/2011 research assistant at the Chair of Economic Theory II, Prof. Jörg Oechssler,PhD, University of Heidelberg, link
- 10/2009 - 03/2010 research assistant, faculty of economics, University of Mainz
- 04/2007 - 03/ 2010 research assistant, Scholarship Landesgraduiertenförderung Baden-Württemberg, Prof. Jörg Oechssler,PhD, University of Heidelberg
- 04/2006 - 04/2007 research assistant, Scholarship Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), Institute for Mathematical Economics, University of Bielefeld
- 07/2012 PhD in economics (Dr. rer. pol.), University of Heidelberg
- 03/2006 Diplom Wirtschaftsmathematik (equivalent Master degree in Mathematical Economics), University of Bielefeld
AOM, Business Resarch, EURAM, European Economic Review, Experimental Economics, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Socio-Economics, PLOS ONE, Southern Economic Journal, VHB