Dr. Andreas Dombret doctoral thesis award
Hon. Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Andreas Raymond Dombret
I want to contribute actively to further strengthening the practical orientation of the University of Münster School of Business & Economics. This also means that outstanding dissertations shall be acknowledged publicly as such by the faculty and be awarded a prize.
The Dr. Andreas Dombret doctoral thesis award of the University of Münster School of Business & Economics includes a prize money of 2,000 euros. It is awarded once in the academic year for the dissertation that most successfully manages to combine theoretical knowledge with specific application in business or economic practice. As a precondition, the dissertation must have been appraised with "summa cum laude" at the University of Münster School of Business & Economics. The faculty is responsible for the selection of the prize winner and is finalised after consulting with Dr. Dombret.
Award winners and the titles of their theses
- Daniel Nießing: "Kunden-werben-Kunden-Kampagnen" (2007)
- Dorothee Herring: "Zusammenhang zwischen dem Ölpreis und dem Euro-Dollar-Wechselkurs" (2008)
- Daniela Barth: "Prognoseberichterstattung – Praxis, Determinanten und Kapitalmarktwirkungen bei deutschen Unternehmen" (2009)
- Matthias Janssen: "Preisbildung, Marktmacht und Investitionen in Strommärkten" (2010)
- Stephan Naß: "Strategische Kündigungsverhalten in vertraglichen Endkundenbeziehungen" (2011)
- Friedrich Sommer: "Marktpreisprognose in kontrollierten Auktionen - Relevanz, Durchführung und empirischer Verfahrensvergleich" (2012)
- Sven Nolte: "Behavioral Aspects of insuring Financial Risks during the Payout Phase of Retirement" (2013)
- Metin Kaptan: "Financial Market Stability and Public Debt - Theoretical Measures to Ease the Current Crisis" (2014)
- Christian Domikowsky: "Beiträge zu Kreditrisikovorsorge, Marktdisziplinierung und Einlagensicherung" (2015)
- Tom Philipp Dybowski: "Four essays on the empirics of fiscal and monetary policy" (2016)
- Fabian Riegler: "Immaterielle Werte als Gegenstand der internationalen Steuerplanung" (2017)
- Daniel Westmattelmann: "An Agent-based Analysis of Doping Behaviour in Elite Sports" (2018)
Motivation and objectives
From 1982 to 1987 Hon. Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Andreas Raymond Dombret studied at the University of Münster School of Business & Economics. These academic studies were the basis for his successful career in organisations of international banking. His international career in banking includes positions at Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Rothschild and the Bank of America. Today he is a board member of the German Federal Bank (Deutsche Bundesbank). He also funds the Andreas Dombret Center for Students Initiatives of the University of Münster School of Business & Economics.