Milan Frederik Klus, M.A.
D - 48151 Münster
1st floor, room 115
Phone.: +49 - 251/83-26120
Office hour: By appointment
- Since 02/2019 Affiliate Researcher and member of the "Analyst Observatory" research group at the University of Edinburgh Business School
- Since 10/2016 Research Associate at the Institute for Organisational Economics (Prof. Dr. Alexander Dilger)
- 03/2015 – 10/2016 Founder and Consultant at Business Circle – Studentische Managementberatung e.V.
- 03/2016 – 08/2016 Working Student at the Dr. Schwerdtfeger Personalberatung GmbH & Co. KG
- 11/2015 – 08/2016 Junior Consultant with a focus on management consulting and mergers & acquisitions at the Prospecting Partners GmbH
- 10/2015 – 02/2016 Tutor for corporate strategies at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- 09/2014 – 08/2016 Studies of Management Consulting at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer, Degree: Master of Arts
- 07/2011 – 07/2014 Studies of Health Management at the German University of Prevention and Health Management, Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Topic of the doctoral thesis:
Organisational Dynamics and Leadership in the Digital Age
Articles in refereed journals:
- "Strategic Alliances between Banks and Fintechs for Digital Innovation: Motives to Collaborate and Types of Interaction", together with Todor Stefan Lohwasser, Friedrich Holotiuk, and Jürgen Moormann, Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, 2019, Vol. 21 (1).
Articles in Books:
- „Digital Leadership – Status quo der digitalen Führung“, with Florian Dorozalla, in: Matthias Groß, Matthias Müller-Wiegand, Daniel F. Pinnow (eds.): "Zukunftsfähige Unternehmensführung - Ideen, Konzepte und Praxisbeispiele, Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden 2019, pp. 89-101.
- "Success Factors of Academic Journals in the Digital Age", together with Alexander Dilger, Discussion Paper of the Institute for Organisational Economics 6/2019, University of Münster, 2019.
- "Leadership Skills Required in the Digital Age", together with Julia Müller, Discussion Paper of the Institute for Organisational Economics 11/2018, University of Münster, 2018.
- "How Do Banks Interact with Fintechs? Forms of Alliances and their Impact on Bank Value", together with Lars Hornuf, Todor Stefan Lohwasser, and Armin Schwienbacher, CESifo Working Paper No. 7170 7/2018, Munich Society for the Promotion of Economic Research - CESifo GmbH, 2018.
- EURAM Annual Conference 2019, ISCTE-IUL, Lisbon, 26.06.-27.06.2019: Milan Frederik Klus/ Julia Müller: Identifying Leadership Skills Required in the Digital Age
- 16. Jahrestagung des AKempor, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, 22.11.-23.11.2018: Milan Frederik Klus/ Julia Müller: Identifying Leadership Skill Requirements in the Digital Age: A Multi-Level Analysis
- 1st International FinTech, InsurTech & Blockchain Forum, University of Zurich, 24.10.2018:
Lars Hornuf/ Milan Frederik Klus/ Todor Stefan Lohwasser/ Armin Schwienbacher: How Do Banks Interact with Fintechs? Forms of Alliances and their Impact on Bank Value - Winner of the Best Paper Award
- 4th International Conference on the Dynamics of Entrepreneurship, Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung (ZEW), Mannheim, 18.06.-19.06.2018: Lars Hornuf/Milan Frederik Klus/Todor Stefan Lohwasser/Armin Schwienbacher: How do banks interact with fintechs? Forms of strategic alliance and their economic impact
- 5th Crowdinvesting Symposium: The Regulation of FinTechs, Humboldt University of Berlin, 06.10.2017:
Lars Hornuf/Milan Frederik Klus/Todor Stefan Lohwasser: How banks interact with FinTechs: Forms of cooperation and their economic impact
- 2018: Best Paper Award at the 1st International FinTech, InsurTech & Blockchain Forum Zurich, University of Zurich
- 2016: Best Graduate of the Management Consulting Program in 2016
- 2014: Top of Class Graduate of the Health Management Program in 2014 (Best 10%)
- 03/2019 - 03/2019: London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- 02/2019 - 02/2019: University of Edinburgh Business School
- Member of the Committee for Research of the School of Business and Economics at the University of Münster
- Business Management
- International Management
- Seminar Organisational Theory
- Strategic Human Resources
- Behavioral Economics
Academy of Management (AOM), European Academy of Management (EURAM), Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung (ZEW)