Organizational Culture WS 2019/2020
In an increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous business environment in which competition becomes more and more global and therewith more dynamic and tough, high-performance organizations widen their focus on alleged soft factors like organizational culture. To be able to adapt successfully to the ever evolving environment and to maintain competitive advantages, a single focus on fiscal outcomes is not sufficient. The habits of the constituting people of the organization are crucial for the long-term success. Top-Executives should understand the principles of how the culture of their companies emerges and how it can be managed.
In global research on organizational culture a shift can be observed towards the investigation of those principles which enable the organization to act in a socially responsible, a sustainable, and a caring manner. To better understand how these principles work in theory and practice, how organizational culture can be measured and developed, and which impact it has on the overall success of organizations can be considered to be a main competence for future business leaders and consultants.
The course gives insights into one of today's most discussed business topics – Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The course consists of five main topics that will be developed in a combination of inputs, discussions as well as single and group exercises:
- Definitions of organizational culture including main theoretical models
- Antecedents and consequences of organizational culture
- Success factors of high-performance cultures
- Leadership culture
- Measuring organizational culture
In addition to the regular application at the Prüfungsamt you need to register directly at the chair. The registration form can be found here.
- Written exam (60 %)
- Group assignment (40 %)
All classes start s.t.
- Friday, 08.11.2019, 12:00 - 16:00 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
- Saturday, 09.11.2019, 09:00 - 12:45 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
- Friday, 22.11.2019, 12:00 - 16:00 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
- Saturday, 23.11.2019, 09:00 - 12:45 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
- Friday, 29.11.2019, 12:00 - 16:00 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
- Friday, 11.10.2019, 12:00 - 14:00 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
- Thursday, 05.12.2019, 12:00 - 16:00 (Schlossplatz 46, H 4)
- Friday, 06.12.2019, 12:00 - 16:00 (Fürstenberghaus, F 3)
Registration for the course "Organizational Culture" (Winter Term 2019/20) is open until October 4, 12:00 pm.
Click here to register. Places in the course will be allocated according to the first-come-first-serve principle. If the number of registrations exceeds the number of places, international students will be prioritized. Participants will be notified by email after the registration period has expired. Please notice that this is not until October 4.
- Professor Dr. Gerhard Schewe (responsible)
- Dr. Markus Heidbrink
- Maike Bruckes
- Eva Lendowski