The School of Business & Economics (SBE) promotes equality between women and men in all status groups.
The Equal Opportunities Plan of the SBE (in German) is based on the Equal Opportunities Guidelines of the WWU and addresses the following topics:
- Promotion of equal opportunities in personnel selection, development and planning,
- Promotion of and broad awareness of gender competence and university gender equality work,
- Consistent development of gender-appropriate communication in words and pictures,
- Active and community-based prevention of sexual and sexualized violence,
- Establishment of non-discriminatory access to committees and thus the establishment of gender parity in committee appointments.
SBE has established an Equal Opportunities Officer who...
- is SBE’s officer covering the areas of equal treatment and equal opportunities.
- is SBE’s independent and monitors the formulation and implementation of initiatives and progress in the areas of equal treatment and equal opportunities.
- brings equality and equal opportunities issues arising at SBE before the dean.
- invites dialogue with students, staff, and faculty to identify potential issues within equal treatment and equal opportunities
- gives early warning of inappropriate or undesired practices and makes recommendations to the dean.
SBE's Equal Opportunities Officer is the contact person for all questions concerning equality.